• Do I need to pre-plan my loved one’s cremation?
No, you do not need to pre-plan the cremation with us, but we’d be more than happy to meet with you at any time in order to answer any questions and/or prearrange any of the details.
• Do you accept Medicaid as a form of payment?
No, at this time we do not accept Medicaid.
• What types of services do you offer?
We offer these types of services: - Direct Cremation - A cremation with a memorial gathering - Immediate Burial
• What is a "Direct Cremation"?
A Direct Cremation includes the basic services of a funeral director, local transfer of the remains to the funeral home (within 15 miles of Clifton, NJ), sheltering of remains up to 48 hours, obtaining necessary permits and authorizations (not including the charges for the permits, death certificates, and filing fees), local transportation to the crematory, a cardboard container to encase the body during cremation, sanitary care and preparation of remains for identification. A Direct Cremation does not include the use of our facilities for a visitation or funeral service – public or private – prior to cremation, nor does it include the actual cost of the cremation charged by the crematory.
• Do you offer burial services?
We offer an Immediate Burial service which includes the basic services of a funeral director, local transfer of the remains to the funeral home (within 15 miles of Clifton, NJ), sheltering of remains up to 48 hours, obtaining necessary permits and authorizations (not including the charges for the permits, death certificates, and filing fees), local transportation to the cemetery, sanitary care and preparation of remains for identification. An Immediate Burial does not include the use of our facilities for a visitation or funeral service – public or private – prior to burial, nor does it include the actual cost of the grave at the cemetery, the cemetery’s charges for opening and closing the grave, or an outer burial container (like a vault) if required by your chosen cemetery.
• Do we need to have our loved one embalmed? Is embalming required?
Except in certain special cases, embalming is not required by law. However, embalming will be necessary if you select to have a funeral with a visitation. If you do not want embalming, you can opt for either a Direct Cremation or an Immediate Burial. (No human remains may remain unburied or uncremated in New Jersey for more than 48 hours unless embalmed or refrigerated. (N.J.A.C. 8:9-1.1))
• What is a Memorial Gathering?
Also known as a Memorial Service, a Memorial Gathering means that the body is not present during the visitation. If you choose, an urn may be present in the visitation room for loved ones to pay their respects.
• What if I don't live locally and my loved one died in North Jersey?
We are able to collect all of the required information from you by phone, e-mail or fax. If you visit our Forms & Authorizations page, you will find links to complete all of the forms that we require. Additionally, any papers requiring your signature can be collected by e-mail, fax, or regular mail.
• What can I do with the ashes of my loved one?
- You can bury the ashes in a regular grave at the cemetery of your choice. In some cases you can also add the ashes to another family member’s grave if there is space. (You would need to check with your cemetery)
- You can entomb the ashes in a mausoleum or monument
- Various cemeteries in the area have gardens specifically for ashes. For example, East Ridgelawn Cemetery in Clifton has a Scattering Garden.
- We sell urns and urn jewelry to hold the cremains of your loved one
• Where is my loved one being cremated?
We utilize the crematory at East Ridgelawn Cemetery in Clifton.
• What is your payment policy?
Payment in full is required prior to services being rendered. All cemetery expenses must be paid one day prior to the funeral service and be made payable directly to the cemetery. Any unpaid balance after the 30th day of the funeral will be assessed a late payment charge of 1.5% per month (18% APR) Any accounts still open six months after the date of the funeral will be turned over to a collection agency for processing unless prior arrangements are made. Payments by cash, personal check, money order, cashier’s (bank) check and credit card (ONLY Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) is accepted. There is a $30 charge for any check the bank returns to us.
• How quickly can my loved one be cremated?
The state of New Jersey requires that cremation may not be held within 24 hours of death. After 24 hours we are able to cremate, as long as an authorized doctor has signed the death certificate.
• Do you sell urns?
Yes, we have a wide selection of urns that are made from varying materials, come in varying sizes and shapes, and most of these options are engravable. We also offer a wide array of cremation jewelry pieces that can hold smaller amounts of ashes and enable you to have a piece of your loved one with you at all times. We have catalogues and samples at our office that you can browse at your convenience.
• My loved one has just died, what do I do?